E-newsletters are perhaps the most effective way to bring consistent attention to your business. It can serve as your public relations department as it works tirelessly to inform, inspire, and renew your clients’ loyalty. Current clients value the relevant content. Potential clients discover why you’re the one they want to work with. Business associates are proud to know you. Let’s look at five ways an e-newsletter can create client loyalty:
1. Diverse topics allow your clients to observe that you care about what matters to them. A solid mix of any of the following sections will ensure a well-balanced, easy-to-read format: hot news story, feature article, tip sheet, motivational article/quotes, interviews, spotlight on a client, resource section, mental strength article, puzzle, and Q&A allow your readers a variety of information in a fun format.
2. By keeping articles brief, your readers will thank you. I don’t know about you but I’m more likely to stick with reading an e-newsletter if the articles can be read in a minute or so. If I see a lengthy article, I’ll most likely click out of it with every intention of getting back to it but…you know how that goes.
3. Keep it affordable to produce. If your company budget can’t bear a $1,000.00 a month e-newsletter, don’t do it! Choose more affordable options by cutting down on the length and amount of articles. Choose a writer who’s willing to work with you and your budget. There are plenty of free newsletter template options available if your budget is super slim.
4. Extreme research will make or break your e-newsletter. Nothing will turn off your readers more than basic, generic content with little thought behind the topics. If you’re going to take the time to produce an e-newsletter, hire a professional who’s familiar with your industry to do your research. Paying an article mill or freelance site $10.00 to mass produce e-newsletters will dilute your credibility and brand. Client loyalty is built on stellar quality.
5. Encourage interaction with your readers. Create an atmosphere of conversation by including a comments section and social media sharing. Invite your readers to send you email to share their opinions and ideas for future articles. Challenge your readers’ intellect and encourage positive communication. Your loyalty equation will equal success.
6. Flawless spelling and grammar. Nothing spells p-r-o-f-e-s-s-i-o-n-a-l more than impeccable spelling and grammar throughout your e-newsletter. Again, a writing expert can ensure these vital ingredients are present.
Your continued commitment to high quality e-newsletter content demonstrates to your readers that you’re the industry expert. Providing pertinent topics that are of interest to your audience stimulates return clients and acts as a high-powered referral machine. Client loyalty is born when innovative, original topics marry interactive professionally-written content.
Michelle Hill, the Strong Copy Quarterback for Winning Proof, is a sports and fitness content writer. She writes e-newsletter content, website copy, e-workbooks, sponsorship proposals and other marketing material for sports and fitness-related companies. www.winningproof.com / 714-797-3731/ Call today for a quote.