Are you allowing these 10 hazardous excuses to Distract, Detour, and Derail You From Getting Your Book Started? This is not a rhetorical question. It requires an answer. An honest answer.
According to thesynergyexpert.com, “…97% of people who start to write a book never finish it.”
Are you the 97% or are you the 3%?
How many of the following 10 excuses could you put your name on?
1. Procrastination (someday I’ll get to it).
2. I have to feel the muse (you only write when you feel like it).
3. The baby’s crying.
4. Not enough time (will there ever be?)
5. Your husband or wife is crying.
6. Maybe nobody will be interested in what I write (there are 7.888 billion people on the earth…SOMEBODY wants to read what you write).
7. You’re crying.
8. But I can’t write (that’s why there are writing coaches)!
9. I don’t really need a book…I’m fine with my current credibility (a book is credibility on steroids).
10. I’m just not motivated (once you identify your overarching why, the motivation will come).
I get it. Life CAN distract, detour, and sometimes even derail you…for a minute. But if you’re really serious about writing your book, YOU WILL GET IT DONE! Perhaps you need a writing accountability coach to check in with you weekly. Personally, if I know that someone is going to ask me about my progress, I’m going to get to writing…or whatever my task is. If you don’t need outside motivation, you’re a superstar, but most of us need a kick in the pants for certain tasks.
We make time for what we really want to accomplish! If it’s important enough to us, we’ll get it done. What I DON’T want to happen is that you come to a place late in your twilight years where you say, “Woulda, shoulda, coulda.” In essence, that’s robbing the world of your wisdom, knowledge, and experience. The rest of us miss out on knowing what you know.
So, ditch the excuses, make a plan, and start writing. If you need help, Winning Proof is just an email away.